Online Milonga Dance Lesson Video: Milonga - Traspie - Argentine Tango Vol 6, Lesson 6
Alex Krebs introduces the concept of "traspie". He gives two varieties of "traspie", and various sub "families" of them, in this lesson,This lesson is fundamental for the lessons that follow in this volume, which explore these types of steps more thoroughly.
Get the whole Pack and save 15%
Instead of just the "Milonga - Traspie - Argentine Tango Vol 6, Lesson 6" lesson, grab a whole Lesson Pack that it's part of at a 15% discount:
Popular Lesson Packs By Alex Krebs
Popular Lessons By Alex Krebs
More Great Milonga Lessons Packs
Alex Krebs Portland, OR, United States
Alex Krebs Demo Video
Alex has been dancing Argentine Tango since 1997 and teaching worldwide since 1998, including performances in Buenos Aires. He has run his all-Argentine tango studio, Tango Berretin, in Portland, Oregon since 2001 and has also studied the bandoneon since 2001 currently directing his sextet.
He is completely fanatic about the dance, and shares his passion with his students. He teaches for the social dance floor, emphasizing the improvisatory side of the dance through a strong communication between the lead and follow and on musicality. Alex tries to give his students the vocabulary necessary so that each person can find their own unique way of dancing -- dancing the tango of their own body.
Videos of Alex:
- Alex and Luciana Valle
- Alex and Evan Griffiths.
- Alex and Jennifer Olson.
- Alex and Jenna Rohrbacher
- OPB video of Alex and the bandoneon
Places Alex has travelled to teach tango:
Boston, Providence (RI), Montreal, Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, New York City, Dallas, Washington D.C., Phoenix, Bellingham, Vancouver (B.C.), Nijmegen (www.elcorte.com), Toronto, Ann Arbor, MI, Pittsburgh, Albuquerque, Eugene (OR), Berlin, Nijmegen (www.elcorte.com), La Fraysinette (France)(www.tangovalley.com), Anchorage, Klamath Falls (OR), Mt. Shasta City (CA), Minneapolis (co-teaching with Florencia Taccetti of Buenos Aires), Munich and Augsburg (Germany), Bologna and Modigliana (Italy), Lund (Sweden), Amsterdam, London, Leeds (UK), Totnes (UK), Cambridge (UK), Bristol (UK), Bylaugh (UK), Edinburgh (UK), Yale (New Haven, CT), Urbana (IL), Sun Valley (ID), Maui, Chicago, Newport, Victoria (B.C), Atlanta, Oxford (UK), Raleigh (NC), Bend (OR), Bellingham (WA), Atlanta, and St. Louis
Alex has been nfluenced by many people and styles, but influenced early on by Mariano "Chicho" Frumboli(musicality), Fabian Salas (structure of the dance), and Damian Esell and Nancy Louzan (posture, walk, elegance). Studied and danced in Buenos Aires for over six months between seven visits. Co-taught and performed with Luciana Valle (BsAs) in Denver, Austin, San Francisco, Boulder, North Carolina, Aspen, London (UK), Bylaugh (UK), Bristol (UK) and has performed with Luciana in Buenos Aires (Torquato Tasso and Centro Cultural Mora), San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle (at the Benaroya Theater with the New York Tango Trio). Alex has co-taught with Florencia Taccetti (BsAs) in Minneapolis, San Francisco, Albuquerque and Pittsburgh and has performed with her in Minneapolis, Portland, Albuquerque, Pittsburgh and San Francisco and performed in London (with Biljana Lipic), Amsterdam (with Yvonne Meissner), Antwerpen (with Esther Heitzer), Florence (w/Yvonne Meissner), Munich and Augsburg (Germany, with Heidrun Fluk).
Has been invited to teach in Beijing, Moscow, Cape Town, Frankfurt, Aachen, Cleveland, New Zealand, and Antwerpen (Belgium).
Has DJ'ed milongas in Portland, Anchorage, Dallas, Ann Arbor, Augsburg (Germany), Cambridge (UK), Seatle, Victoria (B.C.), Salt Lake City, Boulder, Denver, St. Louis, Minneapolis, and the all-night milongas in San Francisco, Washington DC and New York City.
- At Oregon Ballet Theater's "Viva La Danza" Gala. April, 2012
- Performed in the tango show "Tango Nights," at the Aladdin Theater
- "Danza Tropica" as part of PCC's ArtBeat
- Wrote and directed the tango show "Tango al Tiempo" at the Miracle Theater April 16th-18th, 2003
- Directed/performed in Teatro Milagro's "Viva Baile" program (May 2007)
- Produced/Directed tango shows at Miracle Theater's 2010 and 2012 Luna Nueva festival.
- Has been studying the bandoneon since May 2001, directed the tango band "Conjunto Berretin." (with 2 CD's recorded) from 2003-2008, and currently is arranging/directing a tango sextet and arranging/directing an Orquesta Tipica for the Portland Tango Festivals in Feb. and Oct.
- Alex has released four albums under the Berretin Records label:
- "Tango for Lovers and Fools" (Conjunto Berretin)
- "Tangamente" (Conjunto Berretin)
- "Electro-Tangos Vol. 1" (Orquesta Electronica Berretin)
- "Berretineando" (The New York Tango Jam Session)
- Alex has finished production on a new cd, "Stumptandas" (the Alex Krebs Tango Sextet), which was released in July of 2011.