Help & Frequently Asked Questions!
Are you wondering...
- How does iDance.net work?
- How do I find the lessons on the site?
- When I'm looking at a list of lessons, how do I preview a lesson?
- When I'm looking at a list of lessons, how do I buy a lesson?
- Once I've purchased my lessons, then what?
- The preview looks choppy / low-quality (or has no sound)! What's up with that?
- How do I change my credit card or other personal information?
- I think I've downloaded a lesson...Where is it?
- What browser do you recommend for viewing iDance?
- How do I decide which lessons to buy?
- What Level am I?
- How Can I earn more complimentary credit?
- None of these were my question! How do I contact you?
How do I sign up?
Follow these simple steps to begin downloading dance lessons from iDance.net.
- Create an account using the "Sign up" link on the top of every page.
- Search our library and find the lesson you want.
- Add items to you Shopping Cart
- Checkout and Purchase
- That's it! Your purchase will be available for download on your "my iDance" page (or the product detail page) for one week. Once you download your purchased lesson, it is yours to keep for life!
- Click the download button for the format of your choice.
There are two ways. When you are seeing the thumbnail view (when lessons are in a list), you may click on the image thumbnail, and a modal window will open with a preview you can play. You may also see a preview from the lesson detail page.
Purchases are made by adding products to the shopping cart, and then checking out. Once you click on the shopping cart button to add a product, you may be prompted to sign in if you're not currently signed in to the site. If you don't have an account, you will be asked to create one.
You now have access to download that lesson for a period one week. Once you've downloaded it it becomes yours forever, but after a week expires you will no longer be able to download a new copy, so make sure to save your purchases somewhere you'll remember, and to always make a backup copy! To actually initiate the download, click one of the buttons for your preferred download format. You can do this from either from a lesson quick preview modal window, or from the lesson detail page. To see a list of lessons that you purchased that are downloadable (in the dowload time window), visit your My iDance page.
Video quality and internet speeds have improved drastically in recent years. For some of the older lessons on the site, the lesson previews were created in an intentionally lower quality and included no audio to ensure faster internet streaming. However, since bandwidth capacities have gone up in general, all recent lessons have been created with a higher-quality, audio-enabled preview. Regardless of the preview, all full-downloaded versions of all lessons are full-quality and contain sound.
First you must be signed in. Then visit your "my iDance" page (either you will be redirected there automatically, or you can click on "my iDance" from the left sidebar, under "site navigation". Once you've reached your "my IDance" page, you can click the link called "edit account info" to change/update any of your information.
That is actually up to your web browser's settings. By default, most browsers ask you where you want to download the file to. Browsers sometimes also allow you to check a button that will allow automatic downloads to a pre-configured directory, often the desktop or into a Downloads directory. We recommend trying to download another lessons, and seeing what directory the browser prompts you to download into.
Throughout the use of your browser, you may have intentionally or accidentally changed these setting. We recommend exploring your browser's menu, looking for "preferences", "settings" or "options". Once opened, you can usually find a spot that lets you set your "default download location". Once you've found it, we recommend creating a special folder/directory in which to store your lessons so that you later know where to find them. We also recommend making a backup copy, in case this folder gets accidentally moved or deleted!
We strongly recommend using the most recent version of your favorite browser, and to not wait more than 4 months before updating your browser. This said, we recommend the following browsers in this order: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari. Microsoft Internet Explorer is in the "not recommended" category indefinitely for crimes against humanity. We'll still love you if you choose to use it though :)
First determine what level you are (see What Level am I), then visit the Lessons or Lesson Packs search pages for your favorite dance style, and for lessons at your level and above.
All levels are relative to that style. For instance, you might be an experienced West Coast Swing dancer, but if you have never done Balboa, then you should first look at the level 1 lessons for Balboa. Beyond that, follow these simple loose guidelines:
- Level 1- You have no experience in this style.
- Level 2- You know the basics. You are building your repertoire.
- Level 3- You are busy learning everything about the dance, from all the common (and not-so-common) patterns, to the details of good technique.
- Level 4- You are an advanced dancer in this style, and would be recognized as such by the top instructors in the field. You are developing a strong personal style and are working on some very difficult steps.
- Level 5- You are a master of this style, and your main interest now is in seeking out fresh new ideas and staying inspired.
Earning complimentary credit on iDance.net is pretty darn easy. Apart from the seasonal and special coupons we offer, we have many volunteer opportunities for those who have a little more time than money, or who are looking to get involved. Please contact us to learn more about volunteer opportunities. We'd love to hear from you!
After you have read all the FAQ's and made sure none of them can answer your question, you can send an email to customer service by clicking here. Make sure to state your name, your username, and every detail that is relevant to your problem so that we can help address it as rapidly as possible!